A problem with Google Shopping, which you don’t see in AdWords text, is you can’t define queries that are related to ads because Google makes these choices automatically.
As a supplement to our new Google Shopping whitepaper (bit.ly/GoogleShoppingWPinfo) and our recent coverage of Google’s e-commerce expertise (available here and here), here’s a five-step technique using Lengow, AdWords and Analytics that allows you to better handle the aforementioned query situation.
1) Tag the URLs of the Shopping campaigns via Lengow, i.e. utm_source=gshopping.
2) Create a “Gshopping” segment in Google Analytics, while using utm_source=gshopping as a filter.
3) Choose your new segment in Analytics in order to only show traffic that comes from Google Shopping.
4) In Analytics, go in to AdWords/search queries and add “Destination URL” in the secondary dimension in order to link the search queries with the products.
5) Based on the queries that appear for each of your products:
– Improve the titles/descriptions of your products in Google Shopping via Lengow.
– Add negative keywords via AdWords.
Find out more about AdWords best practices and optimizing your Google Shopping campaigns in Lengow’s new whitepaper!
[button url=”http://www.lengow.com/whitepaper/googleshopping/” target=_blank]Download Google Shopping white paper![/button]
Google predicts mobile commerce’s continued growth in 2015
Google research highlights mobile search’s popularity at HUB Day
Your e-commerce library
How to Maximise Revenue on MarketplacesLearn more
Grow your Amazon sales using A+ pagesLearn more
Maisons du Monde Case StudyLearn more
By submitting this form you authorize Lengow to process your data for the purpose of sending you Lengow newsletters . You have the right to access, rectify and delete this data, to oppose its processing, to limit its use, to render it portable and to define the guidelines relating to its fate in the event of death. You can exercise these rights at any time by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a brand or retailer running an e-commerce business, you probably know how important it is to make…
E-commerce in China
Over the past few weeks, a new social media app called Lemon8 has been making waves in the United States.…
Selling your products on Amazon can be a lucrative opportunity to reach a broad audience (Amazon has more than 310…
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has revolutionized the way companies operate, especially AI in e-commerce is worth it being mentioned. With the…
Knowing how your target audience shops is vital to building an effective marketing strategy. However, today shopping behaviours change as…